USA: Pax Christi International is co-organizing an UN event on “Nonviolence as a Style of Politics for Peace” this Thursday
This Thursday afternoon, March 2, Pax Christi International is co-organizing an event on “Nonviolence as a Style of Politics for Peace” at the UN in New York with the Permanent Observer Mission of the Holy See, Maryknoll Lay Missioners and the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative. The aim is to have a discussion on Pope Francis’ 2017 Message for the World Day of Peace.
See the announcement in the UN newsletter with NGO news here.
- H.E. Bernardito Auza, Perm. Observer of the Holy See to the UN, Pope Francis on Nonviolence for Peace
- Marie Dennis, Co-President, Pax Christi International, The Practicality of Active Nonviolence
- Fr. Francisco de Roux, SJ, Founder, Development and Peace Program, Magdalena Region, Colombia, The Practice of Nonviolence in a Conﬂict Zone
- Gerry Lee, Director, Maryknoll Oﬃce for Global Concerns, The Proven Eﬀectiveness of Nonviolence
- Maryann Cusimano Love, Professor of International Relations, Catholic University of America, Nonviolence, Terrorism and the Responsibility to Protect
- Rima Salah, Former Deputy Executive Director UNICEF, Nonviolence & a Peaceful and Inclusive Society