UN: Pax Christi International's UN event on “Nonviolence as a Style of Politics for Peace”
Yesterday we co-organised a panel at the UN in New York City on Pope Francis's 2017 World Day of Peace message. This event was truly multi medial: We covered the event via Twitter, Facebook and via web TV. See here all information.
Our partners are the Permanent Observer Mission of the Holy See, Maryknoll Lay Missioners and the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative.
- watch the whole event as video via UN web TV
- see our Facebook page for the video, photos and more
- see our Twitter feed for live-quotes from the event, photos and more. Search for #WDPUN
- H.E. Bernardito Auza, Perm. Observer of the Holy See to the UN, Pope Francis on Nonviolence for Peace
- Marie Dennis, Co-President, Pax Christi International, The Practicality of Active Nonviolence
- Fr. Francisco de Roux, SJ, Founder, Development and Peace Program, Magdalena Region, Colombia, The Practice of Nonviolence in a Conﬂict Zone
- Gerry Lee, Director, Maryknoll Oﬃce for Global Concerns, The Proven Eﬀectiveness of Nonviolence
- Maryann Cusimano Love, Professor of International Relations, Catholic University of America, Nonviolence, Terrorism and the Responsibility to Protect
- Rima Salah, Former Deputy Executive Director UNICEF, Nonviolence & a Peaceful and Inclusive Society
Nonviolence, a Style of Politics for Peace is one of our advocacy priorities. Find out more in our lattest newsletter, which will be published shortly.