Resources for reflection, action for peace during Advent and Christmas
During the season of Advent, and through Christmas and Epiphany, we'll be collecting resources to help you reflect and act for peace, justice and reconciliation during this season. These resources will be posted here on this page, so come back and visit it regularly as we'll add more resources as the season progresses.
- First Sunday of Advent, 3 December, by Judy Coode, Project Coordinator of the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative
- Second Sunday of Advent, 10 December, by Rev. Claude Mostowik, Pax Christi Australia
- Third Sunday of Advent, 17 December, by Sr. Teresia Wamũyũ Wachira, IBVM, Pax Christi International Board member, Kenya
- Fourth Sunday of Advent, 24 December, by Fr. Paul Lansu, Pax Christi International Senior Policy Advisor
- A special Advent appeal from Archbishop Antonio J. Ledesma of the Philippines, Pax Christi International Board Member
Resources from our member organisations
- Advent and Christmas resources to download from Pax Christi UK (including posters, etc)
- Advent and Christmas reflections from Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
- Advent and Christmas reflection booklet (electronic download) from Pax Christi USA
- Advent Catholic Resource: Whispers of God, reflections from Columban Mission Centre: Peace, Ecology and Justice
- Kairos Palestine's Advent and Christmas Alert, includes reflections for each week of Advent
- 10 December - Human Rights Day and the day the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons receives the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo. Click here and scroll to the second page for actions your community can take to promote the nuclear weapons ban treaty.
- Advent and Christmas solidarity actions in support of peace in Palestine and Israel