Pax Christi International, together with members and partners commemorates 50 years of occupation of the Palestinian territories
In June, it will be fifty years since the Six-Day War broke out. Since then Israel has occupied the Palestinian territories. After fifty years of occupation and international law violations, it is enough. Pax Christi International, together with members and partners is therefore organizing activities around the world. This is the moment for a renewed commitment to end the violence and to reach a just and sustainable solution guaranteeing the fundamental rights of both Israelis and Palestinians
in accordance with international law.
Beneath you will find an overview of some of the activities that are organized.
Activity of Pax Christi International
- We will publish a press release.
- Also read our December statement, in which we give our standpoints on 50 years of occupation.
Activity of our members
- The Arab Educational Institute plans a full-day program on Monday June 5 along the Wall around Rachel’s Tomb in Bethlehem.
- Pax Christi Italy collects Events and trips not to forget the occupied Palestine on its website.
- Pax Christi Flanders organises TRAINING COURSE: ISRAEL AND PALESTINE FOR BEGINNERS
- Download here a magazine published by BePax: Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: A paradoxical import (in French)
- Find here all activities of Pax Christi France regarding ISRAEL-PALESTINE / HOLY LAND (in French)
- Pax Christi Germany hosts a conference in Stuttgart "The cultural heritage of Palestine" with Dr. Khouloud Daibes and a day with the subject "50 years of Israeli occupation" in Berlin (in German)
Activity of our partners
- World Council of Churches calls for prayer for just peace in the Holy Land.
- Broederlijk Delen: Over three evenings, in three Belgian cities, writers, human rights activists and politicians from Europe, Israel and Palestine will discuss this highly topical issue.
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns organises a "50 Years Too Long” Advocacy Summit by Churches for Middle East Peace on June 6.
These activities reflect Pax Christi International’s advocacy priority, Renewed Israel–Palestine Peace Process. Find out more.