Pax Christi Australia: New brochure includes actions on supporting a ban of nuclear weapons
Pax Christi Australia, nuclear weapons, disarmament
- Actively support efforts to establish to prohibit and eliminate nuclear weapons;
- Work with like minded countries and international organisations to develop an effective long-term disarmament agenda;
- Set New Policy priorities: engagement with Asia; reduction of military budgets; UN Reform; and peaceful settlement of disputes, with focus on dialogue, mediation, reconciliation, economic cooperation and post war construction;
- Terminate any arrangements that link Australia to US nuclear strategies, policies, facilities and deployments;
- End uranium exports and other nuclear activities likely to add fuel to nuclear ambitions at home and abroad.