CATHOLIC NONVIOLENCE INITIATIVE: Join the webinar, "Outcomes & implementation from the Nonviolence & Just Peace conference”, on 18 November
Catholic Nonviolence Initiative, nonviolence, just peace, Rome conference, Judy Coode, Pat Gaffney, Jasmin Nario Galace, Archbishop Antonio Ledesma
The fourth and final webinar on the landmark "Nonviolence & Just Peace" conference will be held on Friday, 18 November 2016, from 9-10 am Eastern Standard Time (USA) and will discuss the outcomes of the conference, particularly the consensus document, "An appeal to the Catholic Church to re-commit to the centrality of Gospel nonviolence," which has been endorsed by more than 1,600 organizations and individuals.
The webinar's presenters will offer their insights into the significance of the appeal and other outcomes of the conference, as well as suggest ways that listeners can become involved in the spirituality and practice of nonviolence in the church through the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative.
Click here to register. Space is limited!
- Judy Coode, coordinator of the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative, was the coordinator of the Nonviolence & Just Peace conference held in April 2016, and previously worked with the Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns in Washington, D.C. for 20 years. She was a member of the Pax Christi USA national council for six years, and served as chair for three of those years.
- Pat Gaffney has been General Secretary of the British Section of Pax Christi, since 1990. Her work involves lobbying and campaigning within the church and political networks on peace and security-related issues; support and facilitation for church-related groups on Christian peacemaking. Pat is also a practitioner of active nonviolence. Since 1986 she has been involved in nonviolent protests against the arms trade and the British government's nuclear weapons program.
- Sr. Sheila Kinsey and Fr. Felix Mushobozi serve on the Justice and Peace Commission of the International Union of Superior Generals and Union of Superior Generals, the canonically approved organizations of men's and women's religious institutes in Rome, Italy.
- Archbishop Antonio Ledesma, SJ, is from the Cagayan de Oro Archdiocese in the Philippines. He is currently chair of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines' (CBCP) Episcopal Commission on Inter-religious Dialogue and member of the Episcopal Commission on Social Action, Justice and Peace.
- Jasmin Nario-Galace is the Executive Director of the Center for Peace Education at Miriam College, Manila, Philippines. She is also the current president of Pax Christi-Pilipinas. She teaches Peace Studies and Theory and Practice of Nonviolence at the Department of International Studies, Miriam College. She is both peace educator and advocate.