Austria: Pax Christi Austria celebrates Blessed Franz Jaegerstaetter in May
In 2017 Pax Christi Austria will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the beatification of Franz Jaegerstaetter on October 26th. Since his birth and baptism, 20 and 21 May, it is 110 years. The day of his baptism is the official day of remembrance of Blessed Franz Jaegerstaetter. Diocesan Bishop Manfred Scheuer will celebrate the Eucharist on that day. In honor of Franz Jaegerstaetter, the Missa by Pavel Smutny will be sung in the Linz Cathedral.
As in previous years, other rather unknown examples from the "cloud of witnesses" are to be highlighted also on the occasion of the Jaegerstaetter Memorial Day.
Invitation to celebrate the anniversary of Blessed Franz Jaegerstaetter
- Sunday, 21 May 2017 in Linz and Engelszell, Austria
- 10:00 am Linz Cathedral, Holy Mass with Bishop Manfred Scheuer. The choir sings the "Missa in honorem Franz Jaegerstaetter" by Pavel Smutny.
- 12:30 pm lunch in Café Scheuer in Haibach with the parents of the bishop
- 4:00 pm Abbey of Engelszell: Remembrance of the martyrs; "What we did not talk about" reading and short film; "Religious Order scattered in all directions" lecture by Erna Putz on the fate of the monks and abbey Engelszell
- 5:30 pm pontifical vespers with Bishop Manfred Scheuer